Công thức thì quá khứ hoàn thành và 100 ví dụ
Công thức thì quá khứ hoàn thành và 100 ví dụ
Thì quá khứ hoàn thành là gì?
Thì quá khứ hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh dùng để diễn tả một hành động đã hoàn tất trước một thời điểm trong quá khứ, hoặc để diễn ta một hành động diễn ra trước một hành động khác trong quá khứ.
Các trường hợp sử dụng thì quá khứ hoàn thành:
- Diễn tả hành động đã xảy ra và hoàn tất trước 1 thời điểm trong quá khứ.
- Diễn tả hành động đã xảy ra và đã hoàn thành trước một hành động khác trong quá khứ.
Như vậy, từ khóa để ta nhớ khái niệm thì quá khứ hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh đó là: đã hoàn thành và trước một thời điểm trong quá khứ.
Công thức thì quá khứ hoàn thành
Công thức thì quá khứ hoàn thành có dạng:
S + had (not) + V3
Câu khẳng định thì quá khứ hoàn thành
|Chủ từ||had + V3|
|I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||had + V3|
- He had gone out when I came into the house. / Anh ấy đã đi ra ngoài khi tôi vào nhà.
- They had finished their work before the deadline last week. / Họ đã hoàn thành công việc của họ trước hạn chót vào tuần trước.
Câu phủ định thì quá khứ hoàn thành
Ta thêm not sau had.
|Chủ từ||had not + V3 / hadn't + V3|
|I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||had not + V3 / hadn't + V3|
- She hadn't come home when I got into the house. / Cô ấy vẫn chưa về nhà khi tôi vào nhà.
- They hadn't finished their lunch when I saw them. / Họ vẫn chưa ăn xong bữa trưa khi tôi trông thấy họ.
Câu hỏi thì quá khứ hoàn thành
|Từ hỏi||Chủ từ||Động từ|
|Had||I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||V3 + ?|
|-wh question + had||I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||V3 + ?|
- Had the film ended when you arrived at the cinema? / Bộ phim đã kết thúc khi bạn tới rạp chiếu phim phải không?
- What had he thought before she asked the question? / Anh ấy đã nghĩ điều gì trước khi cô ấy hỏi câu hỏi vậy?
100 câu ví dụ thì quá khứ hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh
100 câu ví dụ thì quá khứ hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh sau đây được sưu tập từ nhiều nguồn:
- The fire had already reached the roof by the time the firemen arrived.
- Smith went to prison because he had stolen a lot of money.
- Helen went to bed after she had watched her favourite TV programme.
- My father bought the new car after he had tried it a few times.
- By the time Phao got to the party, everyone had eaten.
- J.Ducky had eaten all the ice cream before I opened the fridge.
- There was a lot of snow outside because it had snowed earlier in that day.
- Tuan didn't pass the test because he hadn't studied at all.
- She had met him before the party.
- By the time the police arrived, the burglar had broken into my neighbour's house.
- The girl felt guilty because she had drunk all the milk.
- Our flat was robbed because we hadn't locked the front door.
- My father couldn't find the money because he had hidden it in a drawer.
- Lona didn't have money for the bus because she had forgot to ask her mother.
- My cousin had never visited the farm until his father took him.
- Her bicycle wasn't there because a friend had taken it without asking her.
- Dan was arrested after he had escaped from prison.
- When Kat met Jone, he had joined the Navy.
- Before they arrived at the airport, they had paid the taxi driver.
- The plane had taken off when we got to the airport.
- The shop was closed because the shop assistant had left before closing time.
- The robbers had stolen all the money when the alarm rung.
- When I arrived at the cinema, the film had started.
- She had lived in China before she went to Thailand.
- After they had eaten the lobster, they got allergy.
- If you had listened to me, you would have got the job.
- She had established her company before 2008.
- When we had finished dinner, we went out.
- I had rented a house.
- I had fallen asleep before eight o'clock.
- We were late for the plane because we had forgot our passports.
- She told me that she had studied a lot before the exam.
- The grass was yellow because it hadn't rained all summer.
- The lights went off because we hadn't paid the electricity bill.
- The children hadn't done their homework, so they were in trouble.
- They hadn't eaten anything, so we went to a foodstall nearby.
- We couldn't go into the concert because Hoa hadn't brought the tickets.
- She said that she hadn't visited the UK before.
- Jimmy and Annabelle hadn't met before the party.
- She hadn't had lunch when he arrived.
- Mr. Tai hadn't used email before, so I showed him how to use it.
- I hadn't studied for the test, so I was really nervous.
- He had bought this pen before he gave it to her.
- Candy had washed the dishes before her mom came back.
- She had written a report before the due date.
- Chung had done his exercise by last Sunday.
- We had not finished the monument before the inspectors came.
- He had seen this movie before Jennie asked to go with her.
- After Mary had cleaned the windows, she rushed to the flower market.
- After my brother had had dinner, he studied.
- He had forgotten what I said.
- My nephew hadn't brushed her teeth before she went to bed last night.
- They went home after they had eaten a big roasted chicken.
- I had moved to Da Nang to live before my little sister got married.
- After David had gone home, we arrived.
- Had you surfed here before?
- When we got out of the office, the lights had gone out.
- By the time we started our work, she had explained everything clearly.
- Before my mother came home, my father had watered the garden.
- Had you spoken to him before?
- They went home after they had completed their work.
- He said that he had met Sir. Alex before.
- Before he went to bed, he had read a detective comic.
- He told me he hadn't worn such kind of odd clothes before.
- When I came to the stadium, the match had already started.
- Before she listened to music, she had done her homework.
- Last night, Lana had gone to the supermarket before he got home.
- The police came when the robbers had gone away.
- I had finished all my homework before 10 o'clock last night.
- If he had come to see me yesterday, I would have taken him to the movies.
- When I came, my father had already left.
- By the time I met you, I had worked in that company for five years.
- Had you visited Sri Lanka before this trip?
- Where had the dog gone?
- The Titanic sank after it had hit an iceberg.
- After Ronaldo had scored a goal, the referee ended the match.
- After my mom had prepared for the meal, she took a short nap.
- After he had escaped from the building, he ran to the police station.
- After Mia had performed her hit song in the stadium, another singer covered it.
- After the school had finished, Hilary went to the Internet service.
- Before the lorry stopped, it had caused an accident.
- Before you came back, your wife had left.
- Before I got home, I had gone to the mall.
- Before my dad came to see me, he had driven a very long way.
- Before they said goodbye to each other, they had quarrelled.
- I had never travelled by plane by the time I won a big lottery ticket.
- She had bought a new cellphone by the time he gave her another one.
- She had eaten a big meal by the time they went to the restaurant.
- The plane had left by the time I got to the airport.
- She hadn't turned off the fans by the time she went out.
- We had closed the door before leaving.
- Had she seen a psychiatrist before?
- They had sold their house by the time their parents visited them.
- She had decided to break up after they had an argument.
- I wished I had told her the truth
- When we had settled down, we started our own business.
- I wished I had bought that house when I had the chance
- She had already finished her writing poems by 2020.
- As soon as I had got out of the car, I entered the house immediately.
- By the time you met me yesterday, I had jogged for 2 hours.
Nguồn tài liệu tham khảo:
Các bài viết tham khảo thêm về Tiếng Anh: